Thanks! The primary work is either quick previewing of or format translation of
large numbers of very large files. We want reasonable random access or
sequential access speed to what may be terabytes of data. Cleverness with block
buffering, i/o, compression, etc. are all games for another part of the system
and so I’m trying to just use a terrifically naive mmap strategy. It’s worked
great with one file, and now I’d like to see if I can export a 2D array
representing the data in lots of files. A few hours of mmap trickery gets me a
long way to being able to write boring, understandable code against this data
while I wrangle it into a more suitable form.
On April 9, 2015 at 4:38:16 AM, Tim Holy (tim.h...@gmail.com) wrote:

https://github.com/tanmaykm/ChainedVectors.jl

--Tim