Initially, our software would just be available as a service, and I do
understand that that won't be a problem with the GPL, however, later on, it
could be that we'd want to set up a server at a customer site or on
customer hardware... which would probably count as "distribution"...
I don't think we need any of FFTW, SUITESPARSE, or RMATH anyway...
Julia is such a nice language, for lots of things besides just math &
science, it *really* would be great to have a version of Julia with any GPL
stuff as packages... as Sebastian Good just suggested..

Right now, it seems to be the main obstacle to using the language for lots
of things...

Thanks,
Scott