1) How readable is that though, unless you know R already?   `f = y ~ x1 +
x2` really doesn't mean anything at all to me...
2) People say that we should just use `string(a,b,c)` and `repeat(a,n)` for
string concatenation and repetition...
    that makes no sense for code where you find many string concatenations
in the same line...
3) Even in the code you referenced, the operator is only used once every
few lines... so why
    not have it be:  `formula(y,x1+x2)`  or `@formula(y,x1+x2)` instead?
    That seems MUCH more readable to me, and doesn't seem like an undue
burden on people using DataFrames,
    as it doesn't seem to be used that frequently...

Scott