Say I have a quoted anonymous function, like :(x->y=1; y+x+z). I'd like to
determine that 'z' is not bound within the function (ie, is a reference to
an enclosing outer/global scope). What's a good way to do it?

I know I could recursively analyze the Expr, keeping track of which
variables were assigned to at each scope level introduced within the Expr,
 but that seems like I'd be duplicating effort that must implicitly be in
Julia already and might be brittle with regard to subtle scoping rules.