I have a bunch (~1000) of x,y,z and a corresponding value, V. One unique V
for each x,y,z. I want to interpolate and extrapolate "wildly" (so I really
don't care about how accurate or correct it is). The x,y,z I have are not
regularly spaced or anything. They're scattered across some range (they all
share similar ranges), and I want to know what value (i.e. new V) I should
be getting at new and regularly spaced x,y,z. I think Matlab's griddata
would do what I want.
I tired following the "lower-level" functionality from Grid.jl,
Interpolations.jl, and Dierckx.jl, but couldn't figure out how to get this
to work.
I think I need to fit some curve to my scattered points and then use that
to find the values at the new xyz (at least that's how I think griddata
works)... Any good simple ideas out there?