Hmmm.... I'd worry that throwing an army of developers at Julia would only
slow things down... (go find Frederick Brooks' "The Mythical Man Month",
great reading!).
Julia has a very strong core of geniuses... plus the help of legions of
unpaid volunteers who fight to get their contributions into Julia ;-)
I think the thing that will help them most get to 1.0 earlier is some of
those passionate people taking care of some of the chunks that aren't there
yet... debugging
I've heard mentioned a lot, I personally want to help out with string
processing, decimal floating point arithmetic, database bindings, and other
people can help fill in all of the
other holes (like better plotting)