El viernes, 15 de mayo de 2015, 19:42:35 (UTC-5), Sheehan Olver escribió:

>  I'm moving a Mathematical Computing course from Fortran to another
> language.  I'd like to do Julia, but after a bad experience with students
> trying to use Julia box, and the difficulty with plotting packages, I'm a
> bit wary.  Other options are Matlab (which is really easy for students but
> teaches bad coding) or Python (I don't like the np.array(...) syntax).

I've been teaching with Julia for a couple of semesters, mainly with
IJulia. The students seem to like it.
Some have been just using JuliaBox, but this starts to be painful once they
start writing scripts.
I've tried to get them to use Juno too, but that hasn't been so successful.

I have also mainly used PyPlot for graphics, though Gadfly seems like a
nice option too.

David.