Reposting from a question I got offline:

IterativeSolvers.jl implements a basic GKL SVD, but it has not been tested
for performance with distributed arrays. The project I have in mind will
consist of benchmarking and rewriting any necessary parts for speed. Most
of the work I foresee coming from improving the speed of parallel
matrix-vector products, and particularly implementing linear algebra
operations for sparse distributed matrices, which don't exist right now.

There are also questions of how to deal with numerical stability issues and
reorthogonalization, and how to design an implementation that allows users
fine-grained control of reorthogonalization for speed-accuracy tradeoffs.

Thanks,

Jiahao Chen
Research Scientist
MIT CSAIL