Hello K Leo,

First off, because many packages use binary dependencies, you shouldn't
copy packages from one computer to the other like that; although in
principle it shouldn't break anything, you will have a bunch of extra files
laying around that your computer doesn't know what to do with, and I like
to keep the number of potentially confounding issues to a minimum.  The
recommended way to do this is to just `Pkg.add()` all the packages you need
over on your OSX machine.

Could you remove your `~/.julia` directory, try again, and post any output
to a gist showing the errors you're seeing?
-E