Hi,

I have had a read on the forum and tried to google my way out of the
problem but can't seem to find what I need to get me going with Julia and
Juno. Julia looks very promising (being a Matab user) but at present I
can't get past square one. Some things I notice (On W7 machine)
1) I can't widen the Julia window by dragging it wider with the mouse. I
can make it taller using the mouse to drag it but can't widen it. I can
widen it manually through the Properties/Defaults menu options though
and once widened this way the window can then be made smaller by
dragging with the mouse and made wider up to that menu width specified but
no wider, just seems like a bug?

2)I can't cut and paste text from the Julia screen as anticipated, I have
to highlight it all using the menu item (select all) or if I set the editor
mode to QuickEdit mode then I can highlight a rectangle but it does not
follow the natural extent of text so again not that good. Makes it
difficult to cut and past error messages or any other multiline
non-rectangular text output. It would be beneficial to highlight (and then
cut and paste) any element of text on the screen either in window mode
or line mode.

3) I have tried all that I can understand by way of suggestions to get Juno
to work with Julia. I have put code in the same User directories, I have
uninstalled and reinstalled etc. Unfortunately Juno won't work in for me
with Julia and Pkg.add("Jewel") won't work either.

For Juno I get the following error when it starts,
ERROR: unable to read directory METADATA: No error
 in systemerror at error.jl:39 (repeats 2 times)
while loading
c:\Users\Joe.Tusek\AppData\Local\Julia-0.3.9\juno-windows-x64\windows64\resources\app\plugins\Julia-LT\jl\init.jl,

in expression starting on line 24

For Julia I get
julia> Pkg.add("Jewel")
ERROR: could not spawn setenv(`git rev-parse --git-dir`;
dir="C:\\Users\\Joe.Tusek\\.julia\\v0.3\\METADATA"): no such file or
directory (ENOENT)
 in _jl_spawn at process.jl:217 (repeats 2 times)

So overall, I don't really have an idea now how to get Juno working with
Julia and don't know why Julia won't run the  Pkg.add("Jewel") command.

If someone can guide me through this I would be grateful.