Zip and enumerate are also iterators in Julia.  The little performance
improvement that the @itr macro provides isn't because they aren't
iterators… it's simply from a little quirk in Julia 0.3.  In the latest
development versions (0.4-), however, there is no longer a performance
difference between enumerate/zip and the manually iterated versions (which
is what @itr provides).