Hi,

isdefined(:Juno) || isdefined(:IJulia) || ... seems to work fine. Thanks
for your help ...

Right now, when using the GR framework (GR.jl), the user has to decide,
whether the software should produce inline graphics (in Jupyter or Juno) or
open a new canvas (X / GDI / Cocoa - depending on the OS) using the
GR.inline() function. It would be more convenient, if the software could
detect whether we are in a GUI environment or in a simple terminal session
and set a reasonable operation mode as default ...

Here are some examples:

   - Matplotlib animation example
   <http://pgi-jcns.fz-juelich.de/pub/doc/JuliaCon_2015/anim.html>
   - A molecular dynamics example