I hope I'm not wearing out my welcome here, but I think I'm getting
closer:  I downloaded the MinGW-w64-install.exe file and set it up with
some choices that I didn't quite understand.  The ccall function now seems
to find the module, but then Julia goes into a tailspin of error messages
and has to be crashed.

My installation choices were Architecture - i686 or x86-64, Threads - posix
or win32, Exception - she or sjlj.

Do I have the write installation for the gfortran I need, and if so, what
are my choices from the above?

Thanks