I'm not quite sure what you mean. It looks like I could sort of replicate
my approach using @anon by just defining an @anon function right below my
initial function definition. Then I can use the @anon version elsewhere.
For example,
function FOC(x,w)
 return x*w
end
p_FOC = @anon x -> FOC(x,w) # maybe I should say const p_FOC for
performance of global variables?

But this doesn't work because I haven't defined w anywhere. It would work
if I set a dummy value for w, like w = 5., but that looks sort of odd. It
would basically come down to what I'm doing above anyway.

Is that what you meant?