Hmm. Too bad it didn't fix all the problems!

I would guess you are hitting some strange bug in the automatic
pre-compilation mechanism recently merged into Julia master.

Disclaimer: this is all unfounded speculation, but here are my thoughts on
what might be happening. It seems that until most (all?) packages choose to
opt-in to precompiling (by putting `__precompile()__` before the
declaration of their module) we might have issues loading packages with a
large number of dependencies (like QuantEcon) where some have opted in an
others haven't.