I understand that if I release a new version of a package "foo" and put `julia 0.4` in `REQUIRE`, the package won't be updated in julia v0.3 installations. If, after the updated package is released, somebody tries to install package "foo" from julia v0.3 what happens? Will they still be able to install the older version of the package?

I'm asking because I'd like to release an updated version of a package to make it work with julia v0.4. The changes, however, are incompatible with julia v0.3. I tried using @compat to work around the issues but couldn't figure out how to fix this deprecation warning without breaking v0.3 compatibility:
`uint8(x::Integer) is deprecated, use x % UInt8 instead`

Cheers,

Sam