Hi all. I have a text tool that removes punctuation from the ends of words
(split). This seemed to work well enough for cleaning my corpus, but I'm
now working with a dataset of texts published from 1600-1700. Back then,
printers split a lot of lines in the middle of a word. When the printer
came to the end of the page, he simply split the word with a hyphen. My
digital copies mark this symbol as a "\u2223" and I need to remove this
from the word to perform computational analysis.

Is there a way to remove this character from the inside of a character
string?