Can you include the code you’re using for the HTTP server and for testing
(maybe link to a gist if the code is larger than email-appropriate)?

Also make sure you’ve checked out the performance tips FAQ:
http://docs.julialang.org/en/release-0.3/manual/performance-tips/
<http://docs.julialang.org/en/release-0.3/manual/performance-tips/>

The profiler is also useful for tracking down performance problems:
http://docs.julialang.org/en/release-0.3/manual/profile/
<http://docs.julialang.org/en/release-0.3/manual/profile/>

-s