Hi Kristoffer, sorry for the delay and thanks for the code.

What I want to do is very simple: I have an expensive loop for i=1:N such
that each iteration is independent and produces a large array of size M.
The result of this loop is a matrix of size MxN. I have many CPU cores at
my disposal and want to distribute this work.

In the past I accomplished that with MPI in Python:
https://github.com/juliohm/HUM/blob/master/pyhum/utils.py Whenever a
process in the pool is free it "consumes" an iteration of the loop. What
exactly the @parallel macro in Julia is doing? How can I modify the code I
previously posted in this thread to achieve such effect?

-Júlio