I quite agree with Tom, various data interfaces are could be easily
implemented it has nothing to do with underling plotting routines.

@Tom In light of RFC: unify plotting packages under a common organization
<https://github.com/dcjones/Gadfly.jl/issues/658>, it would be a good
effort to describe simple common plotting interface.