It really depends on what you mean by 'text processing' - if the critical
section of your code is essentially a loop that iterates over
characters/words of large strings, then Julia could be between 1 and 2
orders of magnitude faster.

If you mean the performance of core string-processing library functions
like "replace" and regular expression matching, speed will likely be within
2x of Python in either direction, although AFAIK it has not been rigorously
benchmarked.

I am using Jula extensively for text processing so I'm happy to discuss
your specific workflow in more detail. I and a few other Julia contributors
are eager to have Julia be a strong player in text processing.