Congrats, this is truly great work!

From: julia-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:julia-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jarrett Revels
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:25 PM
To: julia-users <julia-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [julia-users] [ANN] ForwardDiff.jl v0.1.0 Released

I'm proud to announce that we've tagged and released a new version
ForwardDiff.jl (https://github.com/JuliaDiff/ForwardDiff.jl).

ForwardDiff.jl is a package for performing automatic differentiation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_differentiation>  on native Julia
functions/callable objects. The techniques used by this package are more
performant and accurate than other standard algorithms for differentiation, so
if taking derivatives is something you're at all interested in, I suggest you
give ForwardDiff.jl a try!

If you don't already have the package, you can install it with Julia's package
manager by running the following:

    julia> Pkg.update(); Pkg.add("ForwardDiff")

If you already have the old version of ForwardDiff.jl, you can update it to the
new one by simply running Pkg.update().

Note that the new version of ForwardDiff.jl only supports Julia v0.4. Julia
v0.3 users will have to stick to the old version of the package. Also note that
the new version introduces some breaking changes, so you'll probably have to
rewrite any old ForwardDiff.jl code you have (I promise it'll be worth it).

I've spent a good chunk of the summer overhauling it as part of my Julia Summer
of Code project, so I hope other folks will find it useful. As always, opening
issues and pull requests in ForwardDiff.jl's GitHub repo is very welcome.

I'd like to thank Julia Computing, NumFocus, and The Betty and Gordon Moore
Foundation for putting JSoC together. And, of course, I thank Miles Lubin, Theo
Papamarkou, and a host of other Julians for their invaluable guidance and
mentorship throughout the project.

Best,

Jarrett