I had thought they might have some specific slides that would be helpful.
 In my experience, whatever the "common task," the audience and the
intended result shape the contents of (some of) the presentation.  A quick
overview of major ways that Julia advances the both the efficacy and the
art of scientific programming is a presentation others will want to see.
You may have looked at http://julialang.org/teaching/ and
http://julialang.org/learning/ (tutorials) 00 it  is worth a second look
with an eye toward what might make a good slide or two.
For your purpose these two pages are important performance-tips
<http://julia.readthedocs.org/en/latest/manual/performance-tips/> and
fast-numerics <http://julialang.org/blog/2013/09/fast-numeric/>. There may
be something already done that would work for you -- or not (dunno).  If
you are comfortable with some manner of producing slides, give it a go.  I
have found that organizing and integrating mulitsourced information leads
to a more authoritative presentation.

If you go forward and want some feedback on the way -- let me know.