Do any of these other suggestions have a mailing list interface? That seems
critical, I bet lots of people never touch the Google groups UI and just use
this as a traditional mailing list, which is very convenient.

From: julia-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:julia-users@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jarrett Revels
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 8:34 AM
To: julia-users <julia-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [julia-users] Re: META: What are the chances of moving this forum?

I often find myself wishing that this forum was just a GitHub repo, with posts
as issues. It would be great for supporting @-style mentions, markdown,
issue-linking, etc. The main downside would be forcing everybody to have GitHub
account (not bad IMO, but I can see others having an issue for it).

It would probably be a bad idea to upheave the forums, anyway, especially at
such a critical moment in Julia's development (v0.4 getting released soon). I
doubt this is going to happen.