Yes, I guess this would work. I'm not keen on the function names proposed
there, as the same ones are used in Base to access fields of objects, but
an interface similar to `nfields`, `getfield`, `fieldtype` where `field`
has been replace by `param` would work.

-erik

--
Erik Schnetter <schnet...@gmail.com>