What would be really nice and useful for documenting functions would be support for something like the "description" environment in Latex. However, I don't think standard markdown even has something like that

On 2015-09-20 22:15, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
Le dimanche 20 septembre 2015 à 21:46 +0200, Christof Stocker a écrit :
So the website is (probably on purpose) not very specific on
recommendations for how to document ones functions (stylewise) using
the
new doc system. However, since I am writing an enduser-facing library
with a lot of parameters, I am wondering about what useful guidelines
others here came up with that seem to work nicely for documentation.

I work a lot with R so naturally I have taken inspiration from how
the R
help docs are structured. However, now I wonder what would be a good
way
to list and describe all the named arguments of a function. Simply
making bullet points doesn't seem like the most readable option

any opinions, references, or tips on that?
I suspect the manual doesn't say anything because there's no convention
yet. See:
https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/8966

Regards