I think that specific repository has the additional function of testing the
implementation of indexing in base, which is written with the explicit
intention of being easy to extend. Two-based indexing is mostly useless,
but implementing it you get the chance to explore and test all the
different things that needs to work for other packages to be able to extend
indexing in more useful ways.

// T