One big pull for python is the ecosystem. Almost any task has a python
package available.

However, there are gaps. For all the strength of scipy + numpy, there are
serious gaps. For instance in methods for sparse matrices, and CUDA
bindings. It's those gaps that brought me here.

Also, pip is not consistently used across packages (e.g. pyQT). This is due
to it having evolved from a less well structured system. Julia seems to
have learned a bunch of lessons from this; but generally making package
management _really_ easy both on supply and consumption will be an
advantage for it.

Matthew