Hi All:

Julia is opened for a terminal session using Julia -p 4.

A program test_SI_AR1.jl is run from the julia command line with the return

exception on exception on exception on 4: exception on 3: 2: 5: ERROR:
`PF_SI_AR1_inner` has no method matching PF_SI_AR1_inner(::Array{Any,1})
 in anonymous at multi.jl:855
 in run_work_thunk at multi.jl:621
 in anonymous at task.jl:855
ERROR: `PF_SI_AR1_inner` has no method matching
PF_SI_AR1_inner(::Array{Any,1})
 in anonymous at multi.jl:855
 in run_work_thunk at multi.jl:621
 in anonymous at task.jl:855
ERROR: `PF_SI_AR1_inner` has no method matching
PF_SI_AR1_inner(::Array{Any,1})
 in anonymous at multi.jl:855
 in run_work_thunk at multi.jl:621
 in anonymous at task.jl:855
ERROR: `PF_SI_AR1_inner` has no method matching
PF_SI_AR1_inner(::Array{Any,1})
 in anonymous at multi.jl:855
 in run_work_thunk at multi.jl:621
 in anonymous at task.jl:855
ERROR: `exp` has no method matching exp(::Array{MethodError,1})
 in PF_SI_AR1_outer at
/home/jim_nason/jmn_work/smith/NS4/jl_code_Summer2015/SI_rho/MH_PF_test/PF_outer_example.jl:123
 in include at ./boot.jl:245
 in include_from_node1 at ./loading.jl:128
 in reload_path at loading.jl:152
 in _require at loading.jl:67
 in require at loading.jl:51
while loading
/home/jim_nason/jmn_work/smith/NS4/jl_code_Summer2015/SI_rho/MH_PF_test/test_SI_AR1.jl,

in expression starting on line 88

Note that these error statements keep repeating until Julia is forced to
shut down.

The code for PF_outer_example.jl is attached.  PF_outer_example.jl calls to
PF_inner_example.jl, which is also attached.

This code implements a particle filter Markov chain Monte Carlo estimator
of a state space model.  The particle filter is run in
PF_inner_example.jl.

test_SI_AR1.jl loads parameters and coefficients of the model to be
estimated along with the data, yyy, which is a nvar x obs array and passes
these PF_outer_example.jl

PF_outer_example.jl runs the particle filter on all the observations of
yyy, j = 1, 2, ..., obs.  At each j, PF_outer_example.jl does several
computations and passes these, yyy[:,j], and the parameters and
coefficients to PF_inner_example.jl

PF_inner_example.jl runs the particle filter on observations yyy[.,j] for m
= 1, 2, ..., mprt replications.  mprt = the number of particles which be
anywhere from 500 to 10,000.

I am trying to implement a pmap command in PF_outer_example.jl to run the
mprt particles in PF_inner_example.jl in parallel.

With no success.

I have tried a couple of variations of the pmap command, but the same error
message above is always returned by Julia.  The variations of the pmap
command that I have tried are listed in PF_outer_example.jl.

Obviously, I do not understand something that is fundamental to pmap.  Any
advice/suggestions are welcome.

Best,

Jim