Some unsolicited comments on the code.

You probably want to change line 118 and 119 to

sxloc = trunc(Int, mxnx / 2)
szloc = trunc(Int, mxnz / 2)

so that they really are ints, Without the "Int" it will still be a float.

As a base line, your code for me ran in 1.239 seconds.

Adding "@inbounds" on line 127 takes this down to 0.75 seconds.

Adding "@fastmath" on the same line reduces it further down to 0.52
seconds. Normal caveats for fastmath of course applies.

// Kristoffer