I don't think there is much to argue about, except perhaps names.

   1. `linspace` returns a range, but is otherwise a drop-in replacement
   for an array, and should act as one for any naive user, other than
   sometimes being faster and taking less memory. This is not hidden from the
   user, yet they need not be concerned about it. It just works. (The array
   might be better in some cases, I suspect rarely.)
   2. One might expect a `linspace` to show an array when typed into the
   REPL. With #13615

<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FJuliaLang%2Fjulia%2Fpull%2F13615&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNESdEGtUlN_sTr8NTxWkldQaBZhYg>,
 post-0.4
   the user will see that it is a range and also "what they expect."
   3. It is true that `logspace` is an array and `linspace` is a range, and
   this is ugly. Perhaps there should be a `logrange` to go with `linrange`,
   or `logspace` should be modified to be a range. I do agree with these
   complaints.
   4. The name `logspace` probably comes from Matlab, but otherwise has no
   significance and is not a great name. Perhaps it's worth keeping around for
   that reason; perhaps it should be stashed into a Matlab module.
   5. As much as I was attracted here by the Matlab-alikeness, that can be
   a detriment. For example, Matlab overloads `diag` so you get two very
   different things for two different inputs. Whereas Mathematica has long,
   clear names, and `DiagonalMatrix` and `Diagonal` give a better clue what
   will happen. And as much as I love `eye`, `IdentityMatrix` is clearer.
   Other Matlab-isms:  `tril`, `pcg`, `alim`, `shg`.