Probably the easiest thing would be to just extend the code in Images and
submit a PR (the code is not very complicated).

However, you can do very fancy things with MapInfo objects. This is untested,
but it should be close:

immutable TwoColormap <: MapInfo
    colormap1
    colormap2
end

function map!(dest, mapi::TwoColormap,
src::Tuple{AbstractArray,AbstractArray})
    img1, img2 = src
    for I in eachindex(dest)
        dest[I] = clamp(RGBmapi.colormap1[img1[I]] + mapi.colormap2[img2[I]])
    end
    dest
end

--Tim