I'm a newbie in Julia, I really appreciate if you could help me on this.

I had issues when using piece of code below. Apparently, the original
variable (excm) is changed, so when I type ImageView.view(excm) before and
after the routine, it is changed, but I'm only manipulating a copy of it
(dmode). I have a similar issue when copying properties of one image to
another.

ImageView.view(excm)
dmode = excm;
for i in 2:206
for j in 2:206
surr = length(dmode[i-1:i+1,j-1:j+1] .< 0.2)
if surr > 4 dmode[i,j] = 0 end
ImageView.view(excm)

note: once I ran the code ImageView.view(excm) shows me a modified version
of excm, even if I'm modifying dmode only.

How can I create copies of the image without changing the original, I guess
I don't know how to assign it.

thanks a lot,