Hello, I've been looking at embedding some material models written in Julia
in a larger FEM project written in C++ (https://www.dealii.org/).

I have a few questions that would make improve my workflow.

1.) To ease with debugging I would want to get the back trace with line
numbers from C when an exception is raised. Right now I use:

void check_exception() {
 if (jl_exception_occurred()) {
 jl_show(jl_stderr_obj(), jl_exception_occurred());
 jl_printf(jl_stderr_stream(), "\n");
 return -1;
 }
 return 0;
}

but this only gives me for example:
DimensionMismatch("A has dimensions (2,1) but B has dimensions (6,6)")
without any extra information.

Is there a convenient way to also print out the back trace?

2. What is the status of thread safety when calling function with jl_call
from c(++)? deal.ii has very good support for implementing multithreading
so it would be nice if I could use julia multithreaded. I know that there
has been a lot of progress w.r.t thread safety on master but I am not sure
what the current status is.

Thanks
// Kristoffer