Thank you for the confirmation. One valid point in the Linux world is that
is daemons are being started via systemd there is little need for the old
pid fork anyway as systemd  manages the process regardless and can be
started with the right mode.
With that said, I will simply not bother with daemonization  in Julia at
all, and adopt a policy of "it is no longer really needed" thanks!