On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 1:03:05 AM UTC-5, Mauro wrote:

> you mean why the second errors:
>
> julia> Irrational
> Irrational{sym}
>
> julia> Irrational{sym}
> ERROR: UndefVarError: sym not defined
>
> ?  Irrational is all that is needed. Would this help:

I guess my point is, why does subtypes display something that is not a
valid type?
It seems to be more of a display problem, in that if you use the type
returned from subtypes directly, it is fine.
Same thing with the returned Rational{T<:Integer}, where if you try to use
that, you get an error about the <:
What would be the correct text forms that would create the same types as
returned by subtypes(Real)?

Thanks, Scott