I've run into the following problem while running a simulation code (of a
differential equation).  Because of the nature of the problem, the matrices
are dense.  In particular one line of code that runs the backslash operator
gives an OutOfMemory error on one computer but not on another computer.

The error is:
ERROR: LoadError: OutOfMemoryError()
 in .* at arraymath.jl:118
 in * at abstractarraymath.jl:54
 in functionName at C:\Users\user\Google Drive\codefile.jl:158
 in include at boot.jl:261
 in include_from_node1 at loading.jl:304
while loading C:\Users\user\Google Drive\codefile.jl, in expression starting
 on line 155

(error points to  backslash operator )

Info for the computer that works fine:

   - mac laptop
   - 1.6 GHz i5 processor
   - 4 GB memory
   - 250 GB
   - running Julia 0.4.1

Info for the computer that gives the error:

   - windows desktop
   - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @3.30GHz
   - 8 GB memory
   - 420 GB drive
   - running Julia 0.4.3

Both computers are not running any other programs, and are both fairly new
with plenty of space available (the computers are specifically designated
to run such code).  I am sure that my next step should be to install Julia
0.4.1 on the windows computer to see if that helps, but it may take me some
time to sort through the instructions for installing old versions of
Julia.  I wondered whether anyone would have some insight as to why/how
this error could occur on a newer version of Julia and on a better machine?