Thanks for your interest!
I had to rerun everything since so much has been changing in base (yeah
#13412!) recently, but now I've got some new numbers.
(Remember, this still isn't as "lite" as I think it can be made and still
be a very useful system)

Julia Version 0.5.0-dev+9834
> Commit 7f205e5 (2016-01-30 03:20 UTC)
> Platform Info:
>   System: Darwin (x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0)
>   CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4980HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

> ✔ /j/julia-lite [spj/lite|✔]
> Built doing:
> git clone https://github.com/ScottPJones/julia julia-lite ; git checkout
> spj/lite ; cd julia-lite ; time make
> real 28m58.903s
> user 26m5.807s
> sys 2m11.073s
> usr directory -> 167 MB
> maxrss() right after start: 113.6 MB
> -rw-r--r--  1 scott  staff  23541200 Jan 30 00:07 sys.o

make clean ; make ->

real 5m9.700s

user 5m3.185s
sys 0m4.809s

> ✔ /j/julia-full [master|✔]
> Built doing:
> git clone https://github.com/ScottPJones/julia julia-full ; cd julia-full
> ; time make
> real 44m17.359s
> user 72m7.969s
> sys 10m52.074s

usr directory -> 272.4 MB
> maxrss() right after start: 189 MB
> -rw-r--r--  1 scott  staff  37088452 Jan 30 00:56 sys.o

make clean -> make

real 5m43.646s

user 5m39.142s
sys 0m4.167s

After a make clean, the full build was about 11% slower, most of the time
was actually spent building LLVM on the "Lite" system, and LLVM + all of
the big libraries such as BLAS, LAPACK, etc. took most all of the time for
a normal build.