Hi,

I am developing a wrapper for the NAIF SPICE toolkit (
http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/naif/) and I have run into some problems with
BinDeps.jl along the way. My build.jl file is attached.

*1. How can I provide OS-specific sources?*
I tried the lines below but BinDeps downloads the OSX file regardless of
platform.
    provides(Sources,
URI("http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/naif/toolkit/C/MacIntel_OSX_AppleC_64bit/packages/cspice.tar.Z";),

cspice, os=:Darwin)
    provides(Sources,
URI("http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/naif/toolkit/C/PC_Linux_GCC_64bit/packages/cspice.tar.Z";),

cspice, os=:Linux)
    provides(Sources,
URI("http://naif.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/naif/toolkit/C/PC_Windows_VisualC_64bit/packages/cspice.zip";),

cspice, os=:Windows)
I only got it working correctly by wrapping those in @osx_only etc. blocks.

*2. How do I define the build process for Windows?*It is unfortunately not
documented (or I overlooked it) that SimpleBuild and BuildProcess are not
supposed to be used on Windows. Is the following the correct way to enable
those regardless?
    push!(BinDeps.defaults, SimpleBuild)
I realize that the recommended practice for Windows is to distribute
binaries but NASA only provides static libraries and it is unclear if
binary redistribution is allowed in this case.
The rules for the SPICE toolkit state the following:

*Toolkit Redistribution*
Simple redistribution of the complete Toolkit, such as from a mirror site,
is prohibited without prior clearance from NAIF. However, including the
SPICE Toolkit library modules and relevant SPICE Toolkit programs and
allied User Guides as part of a package supporting a customer-built
SPICE-based tool is entirely appropriate.

Any opinions on that? I will try to get clearance anyhow if distributing
binaries is the only sensible way forward.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Helge