On Sat, Feb 6, 2016 at 8:31 AM, Uri Patish <uripat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, 'type A a::Int end' and 'type B a::Int end' should be just a single
> type.

I think that's not the right understanding of (julia) types. There are
many more informations a type can carry other than the data layout and
depending on what you need those information for, they don't
necessarily have to live in the memory of the object. It will also be
a waste of memory to store these shared information in every types
since it will be exactly the same for all instances of the type.