In the discussions about ColorTypes it showed up, that the majority
prefered color independent of opacity. I'd guess you need to get the
colormap via Colors.jl and then add the opacity information (created by
linscale etc.). But i'm not sure that applying a color defined as
color+transparency (RGBA etc.) is clearly defined in all cases. At least in
plotting/rendering using RGB is prevalent.