On Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 6:27:26 PM UTC-6, Albert Cardona wrote:

> The formula operator is there via the GLM package [1], but I can't find
> the equivalent of the independent_test function [2].
>
> [1] https://github.com/JuliaStats/GLM.jl
> [2] http://www.inside-r.org/packages/cran/coin/docs/IndependenceTest
>
> I am not that familiar with the coin package for R but knowing the authors
I imagine that it is non-trivial.  That particular function sits on top of
what I imagine is considerable infrastructure and translating it into
idiomatic Julia would take some time.  Effective Julia code is usually
based on thoughtful definitions of a hierarchy of types and methods.  The
S3 style of programming in R usually needs considerable refactoring to
become idiomatic Julia.  Having a formula type is the least of the issues
here.