I saw people posted the same issue earlier and here is what I did following
some of the advice here in this mailing list:

I ran 'git diff' in the folder C:\Users\Hua\.julia\v0.4\METADATA and then
ran 'git checkout --<filename>' to try to restore the files. (screenshot is
attached.)
However the same problem persists.