No i can't show you the two-liner, because it was Mike who suggested
that and i have no idea ^^

If you don't care where the beep comes from, you could also use the
AudioIO package and just let your normal speaker play the beep

using AudioIO
play([sin(x) for x=0:0.03*pi:441])

according to the docs on github, audioio should also work on windows.