> > I see. That is a relief. We'll stick with & for now.
> >
> >> more than 2 collection*
> >

> > I see, so collections can happen at any time, not when some block of
> memory
> > is "full".
>
> Yes, it happens whenever the GC thinks there are enough allocation
> since the last time.

So for you a "generation" has no relation to a "collection"?

If not, what is your definition of a generation?

Does Julia just have two generations, short term and long term? And each
object in the short term generation has a collection count. Once the
collection count hits 2 the object is promoted to long term generation by
marking it, but it stays right where it is in the same "pool"?

Bill.