Interesting. julia's `macroexpand` function doesn't seem to work for
expressions inside a module:

julia> macroexpand( :(module M @time(1+1) end))
:(module M
    eval(x) = begin  # none, line 1:
            top(Core).eval(M,x)
        end
    eval(m,x) = begin  # none, line 1:
            top(Core).eval(m,x)
        end # none, line 1:
    @time 1 + 1
    end)

which is the same thing you get back if you omit the `macroexpand`.

Try commenting out the module declaration and see if you like it better.

Best,
--Tim