On Tue, Mar 22 2016, SVAKSHA wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Tamas Papp <tkp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Otherwise, what is a 'clean' way of installing on Debian/Ubuntu, so that
>
> For Debian (Jessie), I am using using the official packages which is
> currently at ver-0.4.3 via apt-get. I would also like to know what is
> the proper way to upgrade - are the ubuntu PPA's tested on Debian
> stable or on debian testing?

Upon reading the docs (sorry, should have done that the first time),
just dumping Julia in any directory and running it from there works
fine. You can put it in PATH or make a symlink that is already there.

Also, you can use the git repo, checkout release-0.4, compile, and do
the same.

Given how easy this is, and how Julia produces no clutter, I am not sure
that a Debian package justifies the effort.

Best,

Tamas