had not heard of it ...

it seems that the author is on to other optimisation algorithms:

   http://www.cmnt.lv/upload-files/ns_39crt_055.pdf

and i cannot find that the GLSO paper has been cited as
reference material in any other paer ...

it would appear that it may have been an opportunistic application
of "good lattice" theory to PSO, based on the wiki:

   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_swarm_optimization

when many variants of PSO were being designed and tested.