Rather than trying to nail down the remaining regressions, I think I am
just going to give the data I've collected, which illustrates a problem,
namely that in a very short space there can be massive improvements,
immediately followed by massive regressions. This essentially violates the
git bisect working assumption that there is one bad commit and you are
trying to find it.

Here is a list of commits I have hit during various commits and the times I
got for those commits. There was also another commit I hit where the time
improved by a factor of 2, but all subsequent attempts to build any commits
of Julia failed and so I had to clone the repository again. Because of
this, I threw that data point away as likely corrupt.

41fb1ba good 15s
79a0d7b good
5ea20fc good
275c7e8 good
bea07fc good
c5704ed good
0318444 good

6396218 bad1
3b7f18a bad1
63daf4f bad1
1bfabbb bad1
179a439 bad1
0b6cab6 bad1
d8ec4a7 bad1
064b03c bad1
53b02a6 bad1
ca6f253 bad1 42s

8f4238a bad2 59s
f67203c bad2 53s
af81431 bad2 58s

6382116 bad3 73s
24276a5 bad3 74s
79b08ca bad3 73s
93cb2ae bad3 71s
5baedf4 bad3 72s

70a3120 ??   48s

8af0134 bad4 82s
def50a0 bad4 78s
039f57b bad4 78s
597dc7b bad4 78s
adc1ed8 bad4 78s
fc469b6 bad4 78s
be9f208 bad5 87s
master  bad5 90s

In summary, the commits that I know are serious regressions for sure are:

6396218
8f4238a
6382116
8af0134

There's also a regression somewhere between fc469b6 and cf68f4d3 (the
latter being master some time today) which I didn't bisect yet. At this
point I'm not sure how useful this is.

Bill.