Skimming pkg.julialang.org is pleasantly impossible with 904 registered
packages. This smells exponential growth.

Is there a tool to simply download the text files in all of the packages?
Last time I checked, I wasn't able to do that with github commands.

I think it would be impossible to foresee which information might be
relevant while keeping the tool you're requesting fast and lightweight. The
text files already contain all the info, and we can easily extract data
like dependencies from them. So I inelegantly maintain a ghost folder
structure with text files from packages I've tried out so far.